- Do online forms provide helpful, accessible error and verification messages?
3.3.1 Error Identification
- Required form elements or form elements that require a specific format, value, or length provide this information within the element's label.
- If utilized, form validation errors are presented in an efficient, intuitive, and accessible manner. The error is clearly identified, quick access to the problematic element is provided, and user is allowed to easily fix the error and resubmit the form.
3.3.2 Labels or Instructions
- Sufficient labels, cues, and instructions for required interactive elements are provided via instructions, examples, properly positioned form labels, and/or fieldsets/legends.
3.3.3 Error Suggestion
- If an input error is detected (via client-side or server-side validation), provide suggestions for fixing the input in a timely and accessible manner.
3.3.4 Error Prevention (Legal, Financial, Data)
- If the user can change or delete legal, financial, or test data, the changes/deletions can be reversed, verified, or confirmed.